The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides


                                                           Ratings: 3/5 (on Goodreads)

The Silent Patient is a thriller based on a woman named Alicia Berenson. She shoots the love of her life, Gabriel Berenson, five times and then she never speaks again. Theo Faber, a psychotherapist, is really keen on treating her and he believes that he can make Alicia talk, who haven't talked for 6 years.

About the writing style, I didn't really like it as the writing consisted of slangs, and I'm not found of such writing. But still I enjoyed the book, it was quite a page turner. 

I'm having mixed feelings towards this book, as the book had an abrupt and open ending, which I didn't like. Also I couldn't quite connect with the characters.

I'm not saying that it's a bad book, I really enjoyed it, and I'll recommend it as well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Percy Jackson and the Lightening Thief by Rick Riordan

Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell

The Mystery of Alice by Lee Bacon